Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Passions: Make My Heart Go...

"Zoom, zoom, zoom. Makes my heart go boom, boom, boom"

If you are a product of the nineties and the Disney channel, you may remember Zenon. I loved me some Zenon, and even though I remember very little about the movie, I cannot forget that song. You'll laugh, but I was just standing in my kitchen talking about making popcorn, and I truly said, "It would {talking about if we had some} make my heart go boom, boom, boom". What can I say, I like popcorn (wink) and nice looking, single men, but that is another story for another day.

Okay, sure that's silly, but if you know me, you know that I can go from silly to serious in a quick minute. I started thinking about passion- it's been on my mind lately. What really makes our hearts go boom, boom, boom, or even zoom, zoom, zoom? Why do we even bother getting out of bed? I'm from the generation that says, I need  a reason to get up. Just living to be living doesn't cut it for me. And yet, why do I, myself personally, throw my legs over the side of the bed every morning and get up? There has to be a reason. God created us with intention, purpose, and calling. Each of us are endowed with gifts, talents, and desires. Not to be left on the shelf of living. Instead to be used and offered to God for His Kingdom purposes. Shoot, y'all, I have so many passions that I give myself a headache trying to determine what to do with my life. 

And there you have it, friends. I've learned something lately. That is that this life is seasonal. I'm pretty sure I've said that on here before. I'm so full to the brim with passion I don't know where to start, or even how to start, or if I'm brave/capable enough to start. The thing I'm beginning to ask myself is, what is in my hands (A lesson learned from Christine Caine)? And also, God where do you want me? Life is seasonal, both physically and spiritually. What God has for today could change tomorrow. That's why we follow Him, not our own desires or others. But those passions bouncing off the walls of your hearts are there, I believe, because a creative, sovereign God put them there. 

One my passions is to see the body of Christ, the world-wide body of Christ, wholly following after Jesus. I long to see the church standing in their God-given roles, using their passions for which they were designed, to propel the Gospel forward. There are lost, broken people all over this world, and their are God-equipped Christians all over this world. What happens when all the Christians are doing there own thing? What happens when days go by that we never even think about the One we are following? What happens when we let our desires fall prey to business, life? No, you may not be doing exactly what you want to be doing with your life right now. My question is, "Are you following Jesus", "Are you praying for direction". Then trust that He is God. You are His follower. He knows your heart because He created it. Trust your passions to His hands, and get busy doing what you have in your hands to do right now. 

There is a huge, and I mean huge, arrow pointing at me as I type this. Please don't let the enemy use my words to convince you that somehow you are a failure. I don't get this right. God convicts, not condemns, His followers (Romans 8:28). We have to get serious about serving the Lord. It does not have to be some huge thing. Follow Jesus. He has plans for you and for me that will propel His Gospel to the lost of this world, who are hurting and are dying only to live a life separated from God. There are people (27 million approximately) stuck in slavery. Babies lives are taken prematurely because they have no rights. People are stuck in addictions that are slowly digging their graves. Men, women, and children are being shot at in theaters. You have passions and so do I. We also have amazing opportunity. This is no doom and gloom post. Instead, this is our reminder. 

Help me. Stand with me. Remind your friends. Life is short, and we have a lot of reason to live this short life big and wholly committed to our sovereign God. The days ahead of us are exciting. Let's not let them slip by quietly, but let's do what we can with all that God has given us. 

I love this verse in Deuteronomy 1, Not one of these men of this evil generation shall see the good land that I swore to give to your fathers, except Caleb the son of Jephunneh. He shall see it, and to him and to his children I will give the land on which he has trodden, because he has wholly followed the LORD. Caleb saw the promised land because He wholly followed the Lord. There is something to be said of his faithfulness.

Be faithful for He is Faithful!

Now, just because I'm cool (not), I am adding some music to put a face to some of the horror of Human Trafficking. Make a change, folks.


No comments: