Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Great Adventure with Style

The Great Adventure

adventure dani!
Courtesy of Flickr: here

We all hear about it, wonder about it, and look for it, but how often do we simply live it?

In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation (Psalm 5:3).

Each morning we wake up to a new day with new opportunities and new choices. We wake up to adventure, be it good, hard, or mundane. Doesn't seem much like an adventure some days, huh? Yet, we are on the greatest adventure of all. Our lives are in the hands of the Creator. He's number one in His league. Scratch that. He's the only One in His league.

He writes with perfection.

He plans with great strategy.

He designs with precision.

He creates with intricate detail.

The LORD will fulfill [his purpose] for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever--do not abandon the works of your hands (Psalm 138:8).

We can wake up each morning expecting an adventure. Our Lord, the greatest playwright, is creative and witty. He also happens to be the One who determines your steps.

In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps (Prov 16:9).

Sometimes our stories will take dramatic and sad turns, but rest assured the Author still holds His pen.

I love the words of Psalm 5:3, In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Whether I'm laying requests at His feet or simply pouring my heart out to Him, I will wait in expectation. I do not wait on a vending machine god to meet my needs, but I wait on God to work His ways out in my humble existence.

Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD (Psalm 27:14). 

I wait on the Lord, more than I wait on answers.

When I look at life through the lens of His Word, it makes more sense, even the hard and unexplainable.



In His Name,
Jennifer

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Such wise, good words here! Yes, the life God made for us is quite the adventure.

Jennifer said...

Thanks, Sarah! I've practiced living with this pespective today, and it makes even "normal" exciting! :)

Mari-Anna Frangén Stålnacke said...

Great post! Any day is indeed so much better when started with God! BLESSINGS!

Loni said...

Beautifully written, and yes, each day is an unwritten adventure waiting to be unfolded. Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer said...

Thanks, Mari-Anna! I could not agree more.

Loni, Thank you! I love the thought of watching each day as it unfolds.

Unknown said...

"the lens of His word"...Amen! You lifted me with this one Jennifer. Everyday an adventure with God - good and bad - so true!

BARBIE said...

What a beautiful post! Waiting in expectation, that's where I want to be! Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

Jennifer said...

Jeri, I'm glad this post was good for you. Writing it was good for my heart. Sometimes I just trudge through life, but I would rather live it with a sense of adventure. :)

Thanks, Barbie! Me too- because He always gives beauty for ashes! You are welcome- it was a really great post!