Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

You are Radiant

Can I give you your radiance back?

Renaissance Bridal Crown
Courtesy of SparklyPaws

Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame (Psalm 34:5).

Shame. It's that covering that keeps His children defeated.

Radiant (adj)
Emitting rays of light; shining; bright: the radiant sun; radiant colors.
Bright with joy, hope, ect. radiant smiles; a radiant future

You are radiant: But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, which shines brighter and brighter until full day (Proverbs 4:18).


Hear me. You were not redeemed to walk with your head down in shame.

You are radiant.The dress of shame you wear is merely a lie. Throw off your imaginary rags; you are radiant.

Taking off shame and confidently wearing radiance does not come easy for this girl. I have a little inkling I'm not the only one struggling. But we believe His Word is truth, right? Read Psalm 34:5 again if you have to.

I would love to commit to praying for your specific needs this week. They may, or may not, include a struggle with shame. We're unique, as are our struggles. If you would like for me to pray for you this week, I would be honored. You can comment here on the blog, or you are welcome to email me at adamsjenn87@yahoo.com.

Love ya bunches!

In His Name,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Shebecomes said...

That is such a beautiful verse. And you hit the nail right on the head. Shame is definitely something I struggle with as well. It has it's way of creeping itself back during vulnerable times, and I have been going through one of those times recently. Thanks for sharing your heart, and your prayers :)

Jennifer said...

I understand, Rebecca, I'm there too! Praying for you!